Pages

Friday 22 July 2011

Thirty days

Welcome to my new blog: 30 days.

They say that it takes 30 days to overcome an addiction. They also say that to change the world, we need to start with ourselves. On these two notes, how long does it take to start a good habit?

I think that if I keep a diary for 30 days, I will keep myself to account of how I get on doing that 'new habit'. For the first one, starting today (best place to start really), I will look to create a new fitness regime. It has been something that I have been meaning to start for some time now, but 'never gotten round to it'. Now that I have a family, I think that it's only right to make my first pledge about aiming to get myself into better shape. Last night I gave my baby a bath and, to protect myself from the splashes that he invariably makes, I stripped off down to the waste.

Sitting on the stool next to the bath, I looked down at my rolls of fat on my belly and saw my thin pathetic arms and felt ashamed. I want my son to look at me and have something to aspire to. And that can start with the physical! So, today I am going to start a basic fitness regime. Starting simple - sit-ups, press-ups etc. We don't have the money to join a gym, but we have a floor and a beach down the road!

Becky and I are in missions. It's our job to go out there, listen to God's call and serve Him. As our mission develops, I don't want to be hindered because I have not looked after my own body. It's a biblical value too – my body is a temple (1 Cor. 6:19-20).

Since working in an office so close to my home, I have not spent any time, really, exercising. I am not overweight, as such, it's just all distributed wrongly! Lots of fat, no muscle. So, I'm not going to do a day-by-day weight report. However, each day, for the next thirty days, I will report on here how I get on with my new regime.

Pray for me!

By the way, in case you were wondering about the website address: tidytrashy.blogspot.com, thirty days had been taken, so I used an anagram of the thirty days - tidy trashy!

No comments:

Post a Comment