Pages

Tuesday 26 July 2011

Day 5: Exercise can be fun

OK, day 5 is here. Busy day, lots going on, but no excuse for not doing good exercise. However, I was totally not in the mood for digging out those joggers and it was too late in the day for getting serious with press-ups. Then a brainwave came. Joshua now weighs over 7 kgs. He's a heavy boy for a five month old. As I lifted him above my head and he gave me that giggle-grin that just fills you with such joy, I noticed that I was actually weight lifting! I asked Becky to witness this and to 'spot me'. I then lifted him up above my head 20 times - thought it was a bit of a strain, but made me proud that I had achieved some quality daddy time but also done some healthy exercise (albeit small-fry) at the same time. "Back of the net".
My joy was somewhat short-lived when Becky lifted him in the same way for 20 without breaking a sweat. But what can I say: I'm married to a superhero.

No comments:

Post a Comment