Pages

Wednesday 10 August 2011

Day 20: ouchie

OK, I knew that I was on an adrenaline high yesterday, but boy-o-boy today I'm paying for it! Walking like I'm appearing in a John Wayne movie I feel like everytime I lift my legs I am being shot again as the tightening of the over-stretched muscles rub against my ever-sore bruises. Going up the stairs to my first floor office was taken one very slow step at a time. Feeling weak and feeble (and somewhat pathetic), I spot across the road a colleague also aching and complaining about his injuries.
Went for a drink this afternoon with another friend who was also at the paintballing. He asked me 'how's it?'. I knew from the look on his face exactly what he meant. "One word," I replied, "sore". We both smiled as we realised that we are either super unfit, or paintballing is just one of those games you should only do once about every 5 years or so!
Needless to say for the next two days I am going to limit my exercise to very slow walking!

No comments:

Post a Comment