Pages

Tuesday 9 August 2011

Day 19: paintballing

I never expected that running through the woods shooting balls of paint at other missionaries could be so exhausting! Layers came off and the sweat was running. There is a huge amount of adrenalin involved in these outside games, where we re-inact potential combat situations, like surviving an ambush, rescuing an injured victim (bob, the stuffed person) or 'protecting the drug lord'. Though paintballs are pretty harmless (apart from to the eyes, hence the need for facemasks!), they don't half sting when they hit you. After each sequence of games, we would come out of the 'danger zone', wash the paint off our masks and share our 'war wounds' of newly shining bruises to our fellow YWAMers! Thank you Gerhard for deciding to celebrate your birthday in this way and thank you, to Melanie, for allowing your husband to get the guys together for a bit of true male-bonding! The adrenalin is pumping and I'm feeling like I can conquer the world. I'm sure tomorrow my body will remind me of its limitations though!

No comments:

Post a Comment