Pages

Saturday 30 March 2013

Day 2: God I want to know you

Philippians 3:1-10

What will pursuing intimacy with God cost you?
Potentially: everything. Following Christ means being willing to drop everything and putting everything in its place - worthless compared to Him.

Is an intimate relationship with God worth the price? Why/why not?
The cost is nothing for us, compared with the great cost God paid by giving his Son to die on the cross, bearing my sin and shame. All I have to do is believe in Him, follow Him and trust Him and even then he promises that His load is not to heavy for me to bear.

Identify three or four main enemies of intimacy with God in your life?
Passivity.
Pride/self righteousness
Sin
Lack of faith

Who can you share these with, asking for their accountability in this journey?
Good question. Asking God for wisdom in this area as I struggle to identify willing and effective accountability partners.

How does the gift of Christ's righteousness Paul talks about in v. 9 impact your pursuit of knowing God? 
It frees me. It means that my motivation for knowing Christ can be pure, because I free to love Him without a barrier/false motivation.

Why are we often more willing to pay a high price for earthly stuff than for intimacy with God?
We are all fallen and therefore easily succumb to the temptations of this world and start to believe the lies the enemy throws at us, sometimes as simple as 'I need that...' when talking about material non essentials in our lives.



No comments:

Post a Comment